Triphala Tablets: An Ayurvedic Elixir for Health
Triphala Tablets: Ayurvedic Remedies for Complete Health
Triphala is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal concoction that has become very famous due to its possible health advantages. The tablets, a handy and contemporary version of this age-old cure, combine the properties of three powerful fruits. This guide examines the history of Triphala, its constituents, and the possible health benefits of Triphala supplements.
1. The Triphala Essence:
Organic India Triphala 60 Capsules Bottle
About this item
- · Aids gut health and immunity
- . Detoxifies and purifies the blood
- · Nourishes and rejuvenates tissues
- · Helps relieve constipation
Triphala is an Ayurvedic preparation that is made of three fruits: haritaki, bibhitaki, and amalaki. It is known to have several health benefits, such as improving digestion, boosting immunity, and promoting weight loss.
There are several brands of Triphala tablets available in India. Some of the popular ones are:
- Dabur Triphala Tablet: It is priced at ₹65 for a pack of 120 tablets on Amazon.
- Kottakkal Ayurveda Triphala Tablet: It is priced at ₹140 for a pack of 100 tablets of 1mg.
- Baidyanath Noida Triphala Tablet: It is priced at ₹135 for a pack of 120 tablets of 1mg.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are several other brands available on the market. It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication.
The Sanskrit word Triphala, which means “three fruits,” refers to a mixture of three Ayurvedic fruits:
Emblica officinalis, or amla: Amla, sometimes referred to as Indian gooseberry, is high in antioxidants and vitamin C. It is well known for promoting general health and having revitalizing qualities.
Terminalia chebula, Haritaki: The benefits of haritaki for digestion and detoxification are well known. Its many therapeutic uses have earned it the title of “king” among plants in Ayurveda.
Bibhitaki, also known as Terminalia bellirica, is well-known for helping to maintain a healthy internal environment and respiratory wellness.
2. Advantages of Supplemental Triphala:
A handy method to add the health benefits of these three fruits to your routine is to take Triphala tablets. Among the possible benefits are:
Stomach Health: Triphala is well known for its mild yet potent effects on the digestive tract. It might ease constipation, maintain a healthy gut environment, and assist in the control of bowel motions.
Integrating detox: It is thought that the combination of Bibhitaki, Haritaki, and Amla helps the body rid itself of undesirable substances. Improved general well-being and cleaner skin are benefits of this procedure.
Properties of Antioxidants: Triphala’s high antioxidant content may strengthen the body’s natural defenses against free radicals and aid in fighting oxidative stress.
Immune Support: The vitamin C content of amla, along with the other two fruits’ immune-boosting qualities, supports a healthy immunological system.
Weight Control: Triphala is said to help with weight management by supporting a healthy metabolism and facilitating the body’s waste removal.
3. Application and Ratio:
Tablets containing triphala are usually taken orally along with water. Based on personal needs and the instructions unique to the product, the dosage may change. It is best to begin with a lower dosage and increase it gradually if necessary.
4. Things to Think About and Precautions:
Personal Variability: Different people may react to herbal supplements in different ways. Before using Triphala tablets in your routine, it is advised to speak with a healthcare provider, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or already have any underlying medical concerns.
Quality Counts: Select premium Triphala pills from reliable vendors to guarantee the herbal formulation’s strength and purity.
In combination with additional medications: Talk to your doctor about any additional drugs you may be taking to prevent any possible drug interactions.
Possible Effect of Laxative: There are situations where Triphala may have a slight laxative effect. Make the necessary dosage adjustments and drink enough water.
5. Side effects of Triphala:
Triphala is a natural Ayurvedic preparation made of three fruits: haritaki, bibhitaki, and amalaki. It is known to have several health benefits, such as improving digestion, boosting immunity, and promoting weight loss. However, like any other medication, Triphala can have side effects. Some of the common side effects of Triphala include:
- Loose stools (generally occur when a person just started taking Triphala the first time)
- Stomach upset (especially when Triphala is taken on an empty stomach). It can be minimized by taking Triphala with food.
- Abdominal pain and cramps (generally occur in people with sensitive stomachs)
- Gas and bloating
It is important to note that Triphala should not be consumed by pregnant women or people with low blood pressure. It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication.
6. Recommended dosage of Triphala
The recommended dosage of Triphala depends on the form in which it is consumed. Here are the recommended dosages for different forms of Triphala:
- Triphala Powder: 1/2–2 teaspoons once or twice a day.
- Triphala Capsule: 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Triphala Tablet: 1-2 tablets twice a day.
- Triphala Juice: 2-3 teaspoons once or twice a day.
It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication.
7. How to take Triphala tablets:
To take Triphala tablets, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a form and dose: Triphala is available in various forms, including tablets, capsules, liquid, and tea. You can choose the form that suits you best. If you are taking Triphala for the first time, it is recommended to start with a low dose and gradually increase it over time.
- Take Triphala on an empty stomach. It is recommended to take Triphala on an empty stomach to maximize its effects. If you are taking multiple doses per day, try having one in the morning before eating. Then take another before your evening meal. However, if you are taking Triphala for digestive benefits, such as a laxative or digestive tonic, take a dose in the evening, about 2 hours after eating dinner or about 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Have your dose of Triphala separately from other medicines. Whatever condition you are using Triphala to treat, take it 2 hours before or after any other medicine or supplement. This ensures that you get its full benefits.
- Consult a doctor: It is always advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication or supplement, especially if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking other medications.
8. How long does it take for Triphala to work?
The time it takes for Triphala to work can vary depending on the individual and the condition being treated. According to 1, Triphala will take 6–12 hours to have its laxative effect. However, if you are taking Triphala for other benefits such as improving digestion, boosting immunity, or promoting weight loss, it may take longer to see the effects.
It is recommended to take Triphala on an empty stomach to maximize its effects. If you are taking multiple doses per day, try having one in the morning before eating. Then take another before your evening meal. However, if you are taking Triphala for digestive benefits, such as a laxative or digestive tonic, take a dose in the evening, about 2 hours after eating dinner or about 30 minutes before going to bed.
It is always advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication or supplement, especially if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking other medications.
Triphala tablets provide a natural and balanced approach to well-being by encapsulating the comprehensive principles of Ayurveda. Triphala tablets offer an ancient practice that has been skillfully adapted to current lifestyles, whether you are seeking help for your digestive system, detoxification, or immune system enhancement. Accept the possible advantages of Triphala as a component of your wellness path, and think about seeking individual advice from a medical specialist on how to incorporate herbal supplements into your daily regimen.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Can I consume Triphala on an empty stomach?
Yes, Triphala can be consumed on an empty stomach. Consuming Triphala on an empty stomach before bed can be beneficial for internal cleansing due to its detoxifying properties. However, consuming Triphala on an empty stomach may increase the risk of experiencing stomach issues such as abdominal cramps, stomach upset, and diarrhea. It is advisable to take Triphala with food to minimize the risk of stomach issues.
Q2. What is the shelf life of Triphala tablets?
The shelf life of Triphala tablets depends on the manufacturer and the preservatives used. According to AyurMedInfo, Triphala tablets have a shelf life of 3 years from the date of manufacture when preservatives are added. If the seal of the bottle is opened, it is better to use it before 3 months.
Please note that this information is specific to Triphala tablets and may not apply to other forms of Triphala. It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication.
Q3. Can I take Triphala with other medicines?
Triphala is generally safe to consume, but it is always advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication or supplement, especially if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking other medications. Accordingly, it is recommended to take Triphala 2 hours before or after any other medicine or supplement. This ensures that you get its full benefits.
Q4. Can I take Triphala with milk?
Triphala powder, when taken with milk or in the form of Triphala capsules, also provides relief from constipation due to its laxative properties. Triphala with milk is a very beneficial combination, as Triphala has Rechana (laxative) properties and milk also has Rechana along with Balya (strength provider) properties. Together, they help improve digestion and give relief from constipation. However, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before taking any new medication or supplement, especially if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking other medications.